Achieving Better Health, Safety and Sustainability
In every aspect of our business we are determined to attain the highest standards of health, safety and sustainability.
AgroFresh values encompass health, safety, security, the environment and sustainable development. All of these are of utmost importance to us.
The guiding principles are:
- Providing our employees with a safe workplace, and ensuring that our customers, communities and other stakeholders understand our uncompromising commitment to safe and secure operations and products.
- Striving to ensure that our business, processes and products not only consider the needs of the present global community, but also the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Ensuring our business decisions meet our goal for sustainability
- Helping to reduce food waste by developing and offering modern technologies that reduce measurably the number of spoiled and wasted fruit before and during harvest, during storage and throughout the supply chain up to the consumer, at home.
- Contributing to increase nutrition by marketing technologies that maintain the texture, appearance and nutritional value of fruits and vegetables.
- Allowing for energy savings and carbon footprint reductions.
- Continuously benchmarking and improving our worldwide operations, processes, and products against the Life Cycle Assessment we have conducted.
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable laws and regulations.
- Striving to prevent or reduce pollution from emissions, discharges and waste.
- Listening and communicating respectfully with our employees, contractors, suppliers, customers, neighbors, governments and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring standards and procedures, as well as adequate resources, are available to implement the principles described in this policy.